MEADOW LAKE MILL PROFILE
Meadow Lake produces bleached chemi thermal mechanical pulp, which is used to make high quality printing and writing papers, tissue and towel, paperboard and specialty papers. We are an important part of the local community and we are a socially engaged member of the local economy, striving to support the advancement of marginalized communities throughout Saskatchewan.
(ISO 14001:2015 certified)
Meadow Lake Mechanical Pulp Inc. is the world’s first successful zero-liquid effluent pulp mill. We produce chlorine-free, highyield Bleached Chemi-Thermal Mechanical Pulp (BCTMP). Our goal is to enhance our position as an internationally competitive and sustainable business while minimizing environmental impacts.
We believe that protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations is the responsibility of every person and an integral part of the way we conduct our business.
We are committed to:
- Meeting the requirements of all applicable environmental laws, regulations, standards, and voluntary programs.
- Continuously improving our management system to enhance our environmental performance by identifying environmental aspects and reducing impacts with respect to land, air, and water.
- Protecting the environment through the use of environmental protection and pollution prevention technologies, sustainable waste and resource management, energy reduction, and spill response initiatives.
- Setting measurable objectives and maintaining reliable processes for tracking and enhancing our environmental performance.
- Maintaining open communication with our employees, the public, our customers, and regulators.
(ISO 9001:2015 Certified)
Our goal at Meadow Lake Mechanical Pulp Inc. is to enhance our position as an internationally competitive and sustainable market pulp mill by providing consistent quality pulp that meets the requirements of our customers.
Maintaining high expectations for product and process performance is an integral part of the way we do business.
We Are Committed To Excellence In Customer Satisfaction.
In conducting our business we shall:
- Meet applicable legislation, certifications, industry standards and other requirements including those of our customers.
- Ensure our pulp meets customer quality specifications.
- Ensure the documentation, packaging, transportation and delivery of our pulp meets customer requirements.
- Produce pulp in an efficient, cost-competitive manner and use resources effectively.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of our management system and processes.
- Resolve all customer inquiries or concerns.
Meadow Lake Mechanical Pulp (MLMP) is committed to environmentally sound business practices, beginning with our procurement methods and our dedication to voluntarily uphold international sustainable forest management standards. As such, MLMP maintains a Due Diligence System (DDS) to demonstrate conformance to Forest Stewardship Council’s (FSC) Requirements for Sourcing FSC Controlled Wood.
An important element of due diligence is to ensure the protection of high conservation values identified in our FSC Controlled Wood Supply Area. MLMP has implemented a control measure to work alongside MLMP fibre suppliers to ensure the Intact Forest Landscapes identified in the area are protected as required under the FSC National Risk Assessment for Canada.
Program for the Endorsement of Certification Schemes (PEFC)
PEFC Chain of Custody ® 2572
Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
FSC Chain of Custody ® COC-001010
FSC Controlled Wood ® COC-001010
Meadow Lake Mechanical Pulp Inc. is committed to protecting its employees, contractors, visitors, and facility from harm or loss.
We will provide and maintain a safe work environment by implementing accepted industry practices, and by compliance with Saskatchewan OH&S legislation.
We will constantly strive to identify and eliminate hazards or substandard conditions that lead to illness, injuries, or damage to property and assets.
ALL employees are responsible to report any hazard or substandard condition immediately so long-term corrective action can be put in place. It is also each employee’s responsibility to take any necessary steps to identify and isolate known hazards to ensure short-term prevention of injury and damage.
ALL employees are expected to support and participate in our health and safety program, and to perform their functions according to our established guidelines, procedures, and training.
Contractors and sub-contractors must also comply with, and support, our occupational health and safety program.