CHAIN OF CUSTODY POLICY
Paper Excellence commits to its customers that it will provide products that conform to recognized environmental protection standards. This commitment starts with the procurement and subsequent use of wood fibre in the Company’s manufacturing process.
The Company relies on professional, independent third parties to verify that the wood fibre used within its products.
- Is not sourced from illegally harvested wood
- Is not harvested in violation of traditional and civil rights
- Is not harvested from forests where high conservation values are threatened by management activities
- Is not from plantations or lands being converted into plantations or non-forest use
- Is not from genetically modified trees
- Is not in violation of any International Labour Organization Core Conventions
FIBRE FROM WASTE WOOD
Over 60% of our raw fibre comes as sawmill waste wood chips. Saw logs are converted at sawmills into dimensional lumber for homes. The by-product or residual chips come to our facilities for our pulp and paper products while we use the log’s bark to generate green energy.