PaperWeek Canada, the Pulp & Paper Technical Association of Canada’s annual flagship event, brings together industry colleagues from Canada and the United States to share their knowledge and expertise.
Paper Excellence Group colleagues will participate in this year’s event, which is scheduled for Feb. 6-8. Sessions will be hosted in person in Montreal, as well as online.
Domtar Windsor Mill Manager Sylvain Bricault says large industry conferences like PaperWeek Canada are more important than ever as we advocate for early career professionals to seek careers in manufacturing.
“PaperWeek Canada shows the new generation of pulp and paper professionals how active and lively the industry is, and the kind of potential and career growth that’s available to them,” says Bricault.
Offering conference sessions both in-person and online removes barriers that might otherwise hinder attendance.
“It keeps the community active,” says Bricault. “Having online and live sessions gives people every opportunity to learn a lot from their peers across the industry. PaperWeek Canada is a great opportunity to network and discover better practices that we can apply to our own facilities and processes.”
Paper Excellence Group at PaperWeek Canada
Eight Paper Excellence Group manufacturing leaders will be featured in the program:
- Bricault and Domtar Hawesville Mill manager Murray Hewitt will host mill manager roundtables focused on leadership development in safety and best practice sharing.
- From the Windsor Mill, Jean-Benoit Thibodeau, continuous improvement manager, and Stéphanie Morin, fiber and energy director, will participate in a management roundtable.
- Jouni Martiskainen, Paper Excellence’s new product development director, will participate in a papermaking round table discussion about new product development.
- Shaune Hanley, Resolute Forest Products’ product development manager, will lead sessions on papermaking artificial intelligence and process control, as well as bamboo pulp for tissue making.
- Alain Bourdages, Resolute Forest Products’ energy optimization vice president, and Gurminder Minhas of Performance BioFilaments will deliver a keynote address titled “Development and Commercialization of Forest Based Biomaterials — The Resolute Kénogami Mill Story.”
- Davis Chiu, Paper Excellence’s global director of carbon strategy, will participate in a carbon management session about the value of carbon.